Monday, April 29, 2013
Saturday, April 20, 2013
BY : MAGENDREN. R ISSUE : APRIL 2013
GROUP SHE MANAGER
GROUP SHE MANAGER
The preparations for our 7 branches to go for ISO 14001 : 2004 certification is in process now. The first training is scheduled to be conducted in the month of May 2013 at Lumut, where this standards will be introduced to the participants from all the branches. We must understand that this ISO 14001 standard is applicable to our business activities and services, which have some impact on the environment. It provides practical tools for the company to identify and control the environmental impact and constantly improve our environmental performance. When all our branches achieve this ISO 14001 : 2004 certification we can assure the clients and customers that our Environmental Management System ( EMS ) meets global industry specific environmental standards.
Some key benefits of ISO 14001 : 2004 certification are :
- Improve the company image and credibility
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of our operations on the environment
- Safeguard legislative and statutory awareness and compliance
- Protect the company’s assets and properties
- Cost savings on resource, waste and energy management
- Expand our access to potential or new clients and customers
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
BY : MAGENDREN R. ISSUE : APRIL, 2013
GROUP SHE MANAGER
Investment in Safety & Health is critical for success in business. If companies cut their Safety allocations as a cost cutting measure it is likely that they will pay for it later. Generally poor attitudes towards Safety & Health could cause increase of even minor injuries which cost the company money. So, investing to reduce injuries by having a strong Safety & Health culture will kick start growth, and not stifle it.
LEOPAD Group SHE Management knows that Good Safety means Good Business. Here are 8 reasons why :
1 1. Happy employees
It is everyone’s desire to feel safe and healthy. If employees feel safe, healthy and
secure at work, they will be happy.
2. Lower employee turnover
If they do not think the grass is greener anywhere else, we will be paying much less to
replace employees who leave. We will pay a lot less on recruitment and training too.
3. Low absenteeism
If employees are fit and healthy, they are at work and making the contribution they are paid
4. Lower pay bills
Eliminate the double-up costs of sick pay for absentees and overtime cover to fill the gaps.
5. Less repair and re-working - when things are done right, less injury and damage means
less costs for repair and re-working.
6. Reduces risk of fines - fines and associated legal costs come directly off the bottom line.
Limiting these costs protects company’s profits.
7. Reduced insurance claims - injury and medical claims, property damage and interruption
in business cost money. Investing money to reduce claims will save money in the long
8. More satisfied client or customer - if our Safety & Health records are exemplary, our
business will have the reputation reflecting that. Without that reputation, business will suffer
due to client or customer losing confidence.
We should continue to invest in developing a positive Safety & Health culture, and reduce costs in a sustainable manner. The moral reason will always be - a good culture means we strive to stop people getting injured.
GOOD SAFETY REALLY DOES MEAN GOOD BUSINESS.
The festival of light is here! May you be the happiest and may love be always with you. Happy Deepavali!